White Spot Hospitality is currently recruiting for a Software Developer to join the Information Systems team.
Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, White Spot is one of BC's best loved and most influential brands and Canada’s longest-running restaurant chain. Uniquely combining decades of success, local ownership and entrepreneurial spirit, White Spot Limited is recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
Founded in 1928, when Nat Bailey launched Canada’s first drive-in restaurant at Granville and 67th, the 88-year-young chain now has 2 brands, White Spot Restaurants and Triple O's, and serves more than 12 million guests annually at locations throughout BC, Alberta and Asia.
Reporting to the Director of Information Systems and working with the Software Engineer, the Software Developer supports White Spot Hospitality’s objectives by building and supporting robust technology systems that support business operations. It is essential that the individual in this role build an understanding of the business at a level of detail that enables them to work with the business to deliver valuable information.
- Work with the Systems Team to design, develop, and maintain various in-house web applications and BI tools
- Convert legacy .NET Web Forms sites to modern, responsive web apps
- Design and develop database systems to support our BI needs
- Gather and document project requirements
- Participate in business process reviews
- Meet with end users to discuss feedback integration
- University or college degree in the field of computer science or information systems and at least 1 year related work experience OR equivalent trade-off in related education and related professional work experience.
- Proven Full Stack Web Development skills
- Solid understanding of HTTP and AJAX
- Able to create user-friendly and responsive UIs
- Server-side security and persistence
- Strong SQL skills
- Database design including Data Modeling
- Query troubleshooting and optimization
- ETL design, development, and maintenance
- Proven ability to clearly and effectively, and in a friendly manner, communicate business and technical information, both verbally and in writing.
Nice to have:
- Experience with ASP.NET Webforms, MVC, and Web API (C#). Integration with Azure and O365 a big plus
- Experience with modern JS frameworks (Vue / React) and dev tools (NPM / Webpack)
- Experience with query optimization, index design, and execution plan analysis (T-SQL)
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing best practices
- Business Intelligence reporting experience in Excel Power Pivot / SSRS / Power BI
The ideal candidate will also:
- Have a customer service mindset
- Be a results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Be self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail
- Have excellent organization, planning and coordination skills
- Have an analytical mind with great problem-solving skills
- Work well both independently and as part of a team
- Be a great communicator, both written & verbal
- Restaurant experience is an asset
Interested and qualified applicants, please e-mail your resume and covering letter including salary expectations to Carina Hirner, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.