White Spot Hospitality is looking for a Social Media Specialist to join the Marketing team. In this position, you will work along-side our White Spot and Triple O’s Marketing Managers to establish and refine the overall digital strategy as it relates to both brand and promotions. You will apply your digital expertise, particularly your social savviness, to drive engagement with existing customer segments, to acquire new customers, to identify online media opportunities, and you will also work closely with our social agency partner on content creation, approvals, budgeting, and general relationship management.
Based in Vancouver, BC and reporting to the White Spot Marketing Manager, this is a fulltime position. The ideal candidate will be a strong multitasker who enjoys writing, has a passion for our brands and strong supporting skills in content creation through photography and video.
• In collaboration with each brand’s Marketing Managers, develop the overall digital strategy including brand website, mobile, social, email, online advertising, SEO, content strategy and user experience.
• Strategize with each brand’s Marketing Manager on the development of campaign content to complement features, promotions and specific products or services.
• Drive the delivery of social media campaigns across all platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat and others that may emerge.
• Working with our social agency to tell our brand and promotional stories though high-quality content.
• Manage the monthly social media content calendar for both White Spot and Triple O’s. This includes: working with our social agency in developing the content calendar and content creation (including copywriting, photography and videography, event based content) as well as asset management.
• Monitor, analyze and present social media performance/metrics to all stakeholders, including the Marketing and Executive teams.
• Conduct Social Media Research – including competitive, industry, inspiring campaigns and identifying influencers.
• Work with our social agency and guest relations on guest feedback received within our social channels.
• Coordinate social content creation (video shoots and photoshoots) & asset management.
• Other special projects as assigned.
• A diploma/degree in Marketing, Digital Media or Communications and 3-5 years’ experience managing content for publications across various digital marketing channels (email, social media, blog etc.) – either at an agency or client side.
• Strong expertise in digital and social marketing; you know how to build brands online and drive results because you have expert knowledge of and frequent use of social networking channels.
• A passion for social media, content marketing, digital storytelling and keeping up with the latest trends.
• A creative mind and an eye for good photography/video, creative and copywriting.
• Strong editorial sense with a passion for creating bold, engaging content.
• Attention to detail with excellent organization, planning and coordination skills.
• Works well independently and is also a strong connector and collaborator.
• Experience in the hospitality industry is an asset.
• Weekend and after hours social monitoring and community event attendance as needed.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle and willingness to travel in the Lower Mainland.
DIRECT REPORTS: None
Interested and qualified applicants, please e-mail your resume & cover letter in including salary
expectations to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for further
consideration will be contacted.